Enjoy the county park more knowing these basic rules
- Park cars only on in the designated parking areas.
- All pets must be kept on a leash.
- Any and all animals and wildlife in the park are protected by law.
- Don't climb upon, deface, destroy, injure in any way, misuse, remove, or waste any park property.
- Don't harm the trees, flowers, bushes, or grasses.
- No littering. Trash cans in and around the park are not for private use.
- No hunting or shooting allowed
- No slingshot, bow and arrow, crossbow, dart device, boomerang or any other device for high-speed missile projection
- No alcoholic beverages.
- No horseback riding.
- No fires.
- No swimming.
- Mid-Lothian Mines Park is closed after dark.
- No sales of goods and services in the park without permission from the parks department.
- Those holding special use permits from Parks and Recreation Department have priority.
- Operation of motorized vehicles is not allowed on the paths, except in an emergency.
- "No person shall in the streams, lakes or other waters of any park, bathe dogs or other animals, wash vehicles or clothing, or throw, cast, lay, drip, or discharge into or leave in the streams, lakes or other waters of the parks or in any storm sewer or drains flowing into said water, any substance matter or thing, liquid or solid, which may or shall result in the pollution of said water."
This is an unofficial outline of some, but not all, of the policies and procedures of the Chesterfield County Parks and Recreation Department.
For complete details, contact the department.